The mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) services in a building are three important systems of a building to be designed during the construction process. The 2D MEP drawings and 3D MEP models play a crucial role in how and when these systems will be installed. These drawings and models indicate the location of ducts, lighting, fixtures, switches, pipes and other aspects related to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Information regarding ducting, chilled water piping, wastewater lines, domestic water lines and other particulars of these systems are also included.
The MEP industry does not revolve only around drawings. Several people play different roles to design and install MEP systems in a project. A few roles involving MEP systems include:
Project Coordination Manager
This role involves the management of the ‘spatial coordination process’ of MEP systems, and they are also known as MEP coordinators.
This role involves the management of the coordination team in compliance with the BIM process.
Lead MEP Subcontractor
The role of a lead MEP subcontractor is usually defined according to the requirements of a project. This role may involve undertaking the responsibilities of a model manager or may involve the coordination of other MEP contractors in a team.
For someone entering the MEP industry and understand its different roles, many institutes that offer CAD training courses in Mumbai also offer MEP BIM internships. An MEP BIM internship programme imparts knowledge of the various roles in the MEP industry. For instance, an MEP coordination internship programme will train an individual on the software required for this role and provide insights into the challenges that arise in this designation.
An internship programme comes with a host of benefits, such as:
To learn about MEP systems and how to overcome on-the-job challenges, industry-experienced trainers offer real-time expertise. They train students on how to tackle different scenarios in a project.
In an MEP internship programme, students can work on projects previously completed by industry experts. This gives students an opportunity to understand on-the-job challenges and come up with solutions with the help of certified trainers.
An internship programme saves training costs of companies when hiring MEP professionals. As candidates work on projects and gain on-the-job work experience during their paid internship programmes, recruiters can hire these candidates directly and assign them to different projects.
Internships not only provide valuable on-the-job training to anyone beginning a new career path, they also give individuals an opportunity to understand the work scenario in a professional environment. Industry-certified trainers and a project-based training environment can help individuals learn key communication skills required to deal with international customers. Institutes that specialise in providing CAD training courses in Mumbai may also offer paid internships in their internship programmes for candidates. Working with a reputed firm during the internship programme helps participants gain the work experience that is required by recruiters and understand the work ethics needed when working on international projects.
Latest posts by Khyati Patel (see all)
- Upskilling to Revit Leads to Better Job Opportunities! - July 13, 2021
- You Can’t Afford to Miss a BIM MEPF Coordination Internship! - June 18, 2021
- Learn Building Information Modelling & Earn with a Work from Home Internship - May 13, 2021
- How Revit MEP BIM Training Centres Make it Easy to Apply for MEP Jobs - March 11, 2021
- What Are the 5 Best Revit MEP Courses with Job Placement? - October 20, 2020
- Enrol for 5 Revit MEP Online Courses with iLEARN - September 22, 2020
- 5 Online Courses to Help Master Revit MEP - August 14, 2020
- Is an Online Revit Course for Beginners Available? - June 17, 2020
- How to Select the Right Online Course in Revit - May 14, 2020
- Why learn Revit MEP from an Autodesk-certified Revit MEP training institute? - April 20, 2020
- Why Learning Revit Is Worth It - February 11, 2020
- What Happens to Students in the Grey Edge BIM MEPF Coordination Course? - December 10, 2019
- Architectural BIM Training with Real Project Delivery - July 8, 2019
- Applying real-world MEP expertise during MEP BIM Training - June 17, 2019
- Photo-Realistic 3D Rendering Process - January 23, 2019