AutoCAD is the basic core program most civil engineers and architects need as working knowledge. However, having knowledge of other vital software such as Autodesk Revit and STAAD Pro is extremely useful to other disciplines which can make a student more valuable at his/her workplace. As far as AutoCAD is concerned, heading into civil engineering design requires its knowledge along with civil 3D without any doubt. This program lets you produce high quality plan sets. Autodesk Revit is an architectural design and documentation software frequently used by architects and other building professionals. Using BIM instead of CAD enables the creation of a precise, detailed building model in a short time.
Is Revit Essential for Architects & Civil Engineers?
Learning something different is always beneficial. All these years’ architects and civil engineers have been using AutoCAD in their professional commitments. However, with the technology now advanced from 2D to 3D, Revit has come to the forefront as a vital BIM tool for both the professionals and its huge growth and popularity amongst AEC professionals has led to the creation of several Revit jobs in Mumbai, India.
Revit is a Building Information Modelling software developed by Autodesk. Revit not only captures the reality but it’s also the ultimate tool to convey the project ideas and scopes to the clients. This all important software has got some fascinating features such as walk through, rendering, etc. where you can represent the reality of the buildings, interior and structure virtually. Also, the software has got its own precisions and efficiency.
Revit possesses three different softwares, architecture, structure and MEP. Revit architecture is extremely user friendly and there are particular tools to build walls, doors, windows and other components which aren’t available in AutoCAD. Also, drawing in 2D automatically produces a 3D model which is extremely advantageous. One can also edit the material of the structure and use the properties.
Whether Revit is essential to learn for architects and civil engineers largely depends on the type of work you want to do as a civil engineer. If you have an interest in drafting, AutoCAD is extremely helpful. A majority of the companies hiring civil engineers stipulate AutoCAD knowledge as a requirement. If architecture is your interest then Revit is definitely useful. The software offers a more user friendly experience when compared to AutoCAD and more flexibility in designing structures aesthetically.
Revit, though, is quite useful to civil engineers as it helps deliver the best performance by making virtual representation of building products. Right from the design development and coordination, 3D Modelling and drawing set creation to quantity take-off, civil engineers will know about the individual product specifications of the building such as tolerance, color, cost and other information and thus be able to make informed decisions.
Revit can be learnt at our Revit training center in Mumbai where we have specifically structured courses that can be learnt in a flexible and professional environment. To conclude, learning Revit might not be mandatory for architects and civil engineers, but it is extremely useful for working in the modern day environment as it enhances the productivity and performance of those using it.
Latest posts by Khyati Patel (see all)
- Upskilling to Revit Leads to Better Job Opportunities! - July 13, 2021
- You Can’t Afford to Miss a BIM MEPF Coordination Internship! - June 18, 2021
- Learn Building Information Modelling & Earn with a Work from Home Internship - May 13, 2021
- How Revit MEP BIM Training Centres Make it Easy to Apply for MEP Jobs - March 11, 2021
- What Are the 5 Best Revit MEP Courses with Job Placement? - October 20, 2020
- Enrol for 5 Revit MEP Online Courses with iLEARN - September 22, 2020
- 5 Online Courses to Help Master Revit MEP - August 14, 2020
- Is an Online Revit Course for Beginners Available? - June 17, 2020
- How to Select the Right Online Course in Revit - May 14, 2020
- Why learn Revit MEP from an Autodesk-certified Revit MEP training institute? - April 20, 2020
- Why Learning Revit Is Worth It - February 11, 2020
- What Happens to Students in the Grey Edge BIM MEPF Coordination Course? - December 10, 2019
- Architectural BIM Training with Real Project Delivery - July 8, 2019
- Applying real-world MEP expertise during MEP BIM Training - June 17, 2019
- Photo-Realistic 3D Rendering Process - January 23, 2019