The AEC (architecture, engineering, construction) industry relies heavily on the BIM (Building Information Modelling) process, as BIM has made project execution more systematic, leaving very little room for error.
Over time, AEC firms have been recruiting candidates who are well-versed with the BIM concept. In the MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) domain, several BIM roles have emerged, such as MEP BIM coordinator, BIM manager, MEP BIM modeler, etc. These roles involve various responsibilities, such as:
- Manage and organise as-built drawings, equipment data and equipment documentation from clients
- Understand and interpret needs and requirements for model creation and timeline for delivery development and completion
- Advise and provide technical assistance to team members relating to BIM
- Perform project analysis, costing and time schedules for model creation, technology implementation and project delivery
- Support manager in the creation and procurement of specifications, contracts and external delivery, review and comments
- Support the development of templates, standards, settings and production of company and project BIM models
Revit BIM training centres offer several MEP BIM courses. These courses acquaint candidates with BIM process and train them to work on Revit MEP. Some courses are as follows:
Video-based, Revit MEP Online Training Courses
Grey Edge is an Autodesk Authorised Training Centre (ATC) that offers pre-recorded, video-based Revit MEP online training courses. They are:
- Revit MEP (Comprehensive)
- Revit MEP (Essentials)
- Revit MEP (Advanced)
- Revit MEP (Family Creation)
- Revit MEP (Team Collaboration)
These courses enable candidates to apply for MEP jobs with designations such as Revit modellers or MEP coordinators. On completion of these courses, candidates can create detailed HVAC, mechanical piping, electrical lighting and containment, public health and drainage models. Further, they can create detailed MEP legends and installation details and can extract BOQ (Bill of Quantities) and final documents.
BIM MEPF Coordination Course with Internship
This course trains aspiring MEPF professionals on the tools and coordination concepts needed to prepare clash-free MEP models, using Autodesk Revit and Navisworks, required for Revit MEP jobs. On course completion, candidates can apply for jobs with designations such as BIM MEP modellers, MEP BIM managers, MEP BIM documentation specialists, MEP BIM draftsmen/technicians.
Thus, the courses offered by Revit BIM training centres are designed to teach participants how to fufill the responsibilities of different MEP roles. The training on Revit MEP is conducted with a project-based training approach. This enables new recruits to get started on industry projects as soon as they are hired.
To enquire about Grey Edge’s Revit MEP courses, visit www.grey-edge.com or WhatsApp +91 7304942079.
Latest posts by Khyati Patel (see all)
- Learn Building Information Modelling & Earn with a Work from Home Internship - May 13, 2021
- How Revit MEP BIM Training Centres Make it Easy to Apply for MEP Jobs - March 11, 2021
- What Are the 5 Best Revit MEP Courses with Job Placement? - October 20, 2020
- Enrol for 5 Revit MEP Online Courses with iLEARN - September 22, 2020
- 5 Online Courses to Help Master Revit MEP - August 14, 2020
- Is an Online Revit Course for Beginners Available? - June 17, 2020
- How to Select the Right Online Course in Revit - May 14, 2020
- Why learn Revit MEP from an Autodesk-certified Revit MEP training institute? - April 20, 2020
- Why Learning Revit Is Worth It - February 11, 2020
- What Happens to Students in the Grey Edge BIM MEPF Coordination Course? - December 10, 2019
- Architectural BIM Training with Real Project Delivery - July 8, 2019
- Applying real-world MEP expertise during MEP BIM Training - June 17, 2019
- Photo-Realistic 3D Rendering Process - January 23, 2019
- CAD Jobs / Vacancies in Mumbai - March 6, 2018
- How Learning Revit Is Useful For Architects And Civil Engineers? - July 21, 2017