Benjamin Franklin once said, ‘An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.’ However, selecting the right mode of investment is equally important. Over the years, the domain of architecture and civil engineering has gained importance due to the worldwide increase in population and the demand for better standards of living. This has resulted in CAD/BIM training centres that offer certified training courses in pre-construction software, such as AutoCAD and Revit, that help civil engineers and architects deliver better project ideas.
Before undertaking any course, it is important to address a few questions:
- Will the course help me utilise the software in my current vocation?
- Will the course help me apply for a job in a career I’m interested in?
- Will the course help me learn something new?
- Will the course help me pursue my college degree?
The above questions can help potential applicants understand the necessity of attending any course. Enrolling in courses at CAD/BIM training centres requires monetary investment. There are certain points to review that will help in selecting the right training institute. They are as follows:
Nowadays, to purchase any product or service, the information provided online helps to make final decisions. Similarly, before settling on a training centre, it is important to find out all the information available online. The online reviews, website, course content, pictures of the infrastructure and testimonials provided by the students of a training centre say a lot about the institute.
As enrolling at a training centre involves monetary investment, it is vital to learn from professionals, as they are authorised to provide precise and factual knowledge to students.
The selected CAD/BIM training centres must offer certificate courses. A certified course has more academic weightage and can be used to apply for jobs.
Structured Course Format
As learning a software can be challenging, it is important that it is taught in a structured format. For instance, for a Revit MEP course, consider asking the following questions: Is the course divided equally between theory and practical sessions? Does the course offer sufficient written notes that can be used in the future?
While enrolling at a CAD/BIM centre, the number of courses available may confuse potential applicants on deciding which course will be useful academically and professionally. A course counsellor helps candidates decide on the right course and explains how useful the course will be in the long run, after determining the candidate’s requirements.
Interactions with Trainers
Before making the final decision, it is important to meet the trainer. This helps understand how well-versed the trainer is with the subject and how comfortable it will be to study with the trainer allocated for the course. Important parameters for enrollment include whether the trainer is approachable and easy to communicate with.
If a CAD/BIM training centre is equipped with the above-mentioned features, any course offered by them will be worth the investment. Grey Edge offers various AutoCAD, 3ds Max, SketchUp and Revit MEP certification courses that are well structured and divided equally between theory and practical sessions. Our course counsellors are willing to help candidates decide the right course, as needed, to help them establish a lasting career in the architectural and engineering domain.
Latest posts by Nitin Mukhi (see all)
- How to Select the Right… - June 25, 2020
- Interior Designing and Interior Decorating, the Difference? - April 10, 2020
- Self-study During Self-quarantine - March 25, 2020
- Why Take an Autodesk Professional Exam ? - March 4, 2020
- Why Taking an Autodesk-certified Exam Is Advantageous - January 13, 2020
- What Aarav Liked about Our Revit MEP Course . . . - November 20, 2019
- How to Select the Right CAD/BIM Training Centre - October 22, 2019
- What Makes Project-based Training Centres More Effective? - August 19, 2019
- Criteria For Student Of The Month - June 13, 2019
- CV/Resume Guidance For Student & Freshers - March 27, 2019
- Revit Structural Training Courses for Civil Engineers - October 26, 2018
- Should A Civil Engineer Learn Revit - July 23, 2018
- Enhanced Features of AutoCAD 2018 - March 5, 2018
- Welcome To Grey Edge – A little About Us ! - April 21, 2017
- Importance Of Professional Career Courses As A Complement To Your University Education - December 23, 2016