Junior Mechanical Engineer (Design Engineer)
Detailed Job Description:
This position involves working in the MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Fire) Design Engineering Team at XS CAD’s Global Delivery Centre at Andheri in Mumbai. The MEP Design & Engineering Team at XS CAD consists of skilled professionals including Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing Engineers with varied experience. This team at XS CAD delivers core Building Services Design Solutions to MEP Clients across the world including one of the largest. XS CAD has had the privilege of delivering MEP Services to hundreds of projects over the past 15 years including Hospitals, Airports, Stadia, Educational Institutes, Commercial as well as Residential Building Structures.This job specifically involves the following key roles and responsibilities –
- Responsibility for the overall design of HVAC systems & deliverables, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Tender Design / Documentation (including Technical Specifications, BOQ, Schedules and Drawings) under the supervision of Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Perform calculations and prepare mark-ups as required
- Use AutoCAD & REVIT to help draftsperson with electrical modelling
- Ready to learn new MEP design concepts
- Ability to get trained on and work on newer HVAC Design Software
- Communicate with clients in written and spoken English
- Open to work odd hours if required to meet deadlines
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
- Ability to undertake offshore visit to client office if required for detailed training and one to one session.
Educational Qualifications Needed:
BE/B. Tech Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant technical qualifications.
Key Skills And Experience Needed:
• 2-4 years of experience in designing of HVAC systems for commercial, retail, hospital and residential projects • Experience of using any HVAC Design Software for carrying out heat load calculations and sizing • Experience of having worked on AutoCAD/ REVIT for preparing HVAC Design layouts • Experience of using MS Office • Proven experience of having successfully managed Client communication Any of the following criteria, while not necessary, will be considered as an added advantage • Skills on any of the following Software – Trane Trace, Camel, Bluebeam • Worked with International Clients on International Projects • Knowledge of international codes like ASHRAE, SMACNA • Exposure to sustainability-based design projects
About The Company:
XS CAD is a UK-based Architectural and MEP (M&E) pre-construction CAD & BIM services provider with an ISO 9001:2008 certified global delivery centre in Mumbai, India. With additional presence in the US, Canada, Australia and the Middle East, we have a global reach that allows us to provide services to customers in a number of geographical locations with the added benefit of local knowledge and expertise. Set up to serve the retail, homebuilder, architectural, building services (MEP) and construction sectors with high-quality architectural and engineering CAD and BIM solutions, XS CAD is already established as one of the leading pre-construction planning services companies in the UK and in India.What We Offer
XS CAD offers a fulfilling working environment along with competitive remuneration compensation policies. We value each one of our team members and work very hard to ensure that this association is fruitful. Our world class office infrastructure with latest hardware and software allows our team members to perform and grow professionally. With the help of our inhouse, internationally certified training division as well as an innovation team, we strongly focus on training; learning of our team members on the latest tools; developments so that they can win and therefore, the organization as well. Besides, our very transparent fixed and variable compensation policies based on team and individual performances ensure that the association is productive.
No. of Working Days: