Manager – Software Development
Detailed Job Description:
This is a leadership role with full accountability for the successful delivery of software and IT solutions and products for the Company. Managing a team of UI/UX designers, business analysts and system developers you will work closely with, and report to the Board and other members of the Leadership Team in order to deliver software and IT services that meet user needs for both internal and external customers. You will be accountable for the creation, development, testing and delivery of the strategic, software and IT architecture vision as well as leadership and all aspects of the development of the software.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead and manage the software development team to deliver software solutions that meet the needs of users. Ensuring that the skills and experience from the teams meets solution requirements and overall departmental aims.
* Ensure delivery consistent with Agile Software Development processes.
* Work effectively with business managers, owners and end users to ensure delivery against agreed priorities and effective API integration.
* Possess and apply transparent methods and approach for the creation of robust business and system specification standards and associated documentation.
* Have experience and application of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Have extensive and interaction with business teams to allow effective management and direction if the UI/UX requirements.
* Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities.
* Own full accountability for on-time and to QA/QC delivery of software development projects.
* Take responsibility for the maintenance and update of existing internal and external software solutions as well as planning and execution of a series of planned solutions.
* Work closely with IT management to define and plan IT solutions for software development projects, extending to database management, hosting requirements and associated security.
* Understand and make use of external resources, and where appropriate recommend external partners for the delivery of best-in-class technologies suitable for all solutions being built.
* Reviewing and applying best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the overall software development strategy.
* Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained for all software development solutions.
* Full accountability and responsibility for financial management, planning and monitoring of all software development and software development teams.
Educational Qualifications Needed:
* B. Sc. / Bachelors in IT / Software Engineering
Key Skills And Experience Needed:
* 7+ years’ experience in a software development related role. * 2+ years in a software management role.
About The Company:
XS CAD, established in 2002, is a UK-based MEP (M&E) and architectural design and BIM Information Technology-Enabled Services (ITES) provider, with an ISO 9001:2015 certified global delivery center in Mumbai, India. With additional presence in the USA, Canada and Australia, our global reach allows us to provide services to customers in a number of geographical locations with the added benefit of local knowledge and expertise. Set up to serve the building services (MEP), retail, homebuilder, architectural and construction sectors with high-quality MEP engineering design, architectural design and BIM solutions, XS CAD is already established as one of the leading pre-construction planning services companies in the UK and in India. For more information, please visit – www.xscad.com
What We Offer
XS CAD offers a fulfilling working environment that is respectful and ethical. We value each one of our team members and work hard to ensure that this association is fruitful for both the team member and the organization. This is a career opportunity for someone seeking a stable and progressive association. Our well-designed office infrastructure, with the latest hardware and software, allows our team members to perform and grow professionally. With the help of our in-house, internationally certified training division and an innovation team, we focus strongly on training our team members on the latest tools and trends. We promote a culture of discussing and implementing a planned career growth path with team leaders. We believe in transparent, fixed and variable compensation policies to ensure that the association is productive.
No. of Working Days: