Senior Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer
Detailed Job Description:
- Responsibility for the overall design of Plumbing & fire protection systems & deliverables, including Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Tender Design / Documentation (including Technical Specifications, BOQ, Schedules and Drawings)
- Ability to design complete distribution systems to current legislation and codes of practice for various type of buildings based on client brief & guidelines
- Ability to work independently on various calculations and layouts/schematic mark-ups as per project requirements
- Ability to independently communicate with Clients in written and spoken English
- Ability to independently create Plumbing & fire protection design mark-ups and perform calculations
- Ability to mentor and assist Junior Engineers
- Ability to get trained on and work on newer Design Software
- Ability to undertake offshore visit to client office if required for detailed training and one to one sessions.
Educational Qualifications Needed:
BE/B. Tech Degree in Mechanical Engineering with relevant technical qualifications.
Key Skills And Experience Needed:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in designing of Plumbing & Fire Protection systems for commercial, retail, hospital and residential projects • Experience in design of water supply, sewerage and drainage system including necessary calculations. Design of comprehensive underground sewerage and storm water systems. Sizing and selecting of location for STP & water tanks. Detail drawing layout for internal & external water and drainage system. • Experience in fire protection systems design of sprinklers, external & internal hydrant system, fire pump & tank systems design, hydraulic calculations • Experience of having worked on AutoCAD for preparing Design layouts • Experience of using MS Office • Proven experience of having successfully managed Client communication Any of the following criteria, while not necessary, will be considered as an added advantage • Skills on any of the following Software – Hyena, Bluebeam • Worked with International Clients on International Projects, specifically Australian projects • Knowledge of international codes like NFPA, Uniform Plumbing code, Australian standards • Exposure to sustainability-based design projects
About The Company:
XS CAD is a UK-based Architectural and MEP (M&E) pre-construction CAD, BIM & MEP Design services provider with an ISO 9001:2015 certified global delivery centre in Mumbai, India. With additional presence in the USA, Canada, Australia and the Middle East, we have a global reach that allows us to provide services to customers in a number of geographical locations with the added benefit of local knowledge and expertise. Set up to serve the retail, homebuilder, architectural, building services (MEP) and construction sectors with high-quality architectural and engineering Design, CAD and BIM solutions, XS CAD is already established as one of the leading pre-construction planning services companies in the UK and in India. What we Offer : This position offers a fulfilling working environment along with best-in-class remuneration & compensation policies. We value each one of our team members and work very hard to ensure that this association is fruitful. Our world class office infrastructure with latest hardware and software allows our team members to perform and grow professionally. With the help of our in-house, internationally certified training division as well as an innovation team, we strongly focus on training & learning of our team members on the latest tools & developments so that they can win and therefore, the organization as well. Besides, our very transparent fixed and variable compensation policies based on team and individual performances ensure that the association is productive.
No. of Working Days: