Amidst stiff competition, all firms have a common goal – to be the best and deliver services that result in profits. For profits, firms require skilled resources. Recruiters look for professionals who are well versed with skills that enable firms to deliver profit-earning projects.
In the world of architectural design and construction, AEC (architecture, engineering and construction) firms require resources who are proficient with the latest software. This is because the firms will attract projects that require special software knowledge and the resource should be capable of handling complex projects.
Construction firms have adopted the process of BIM (Building Information Modelling), as it becomes easier to execute complex projects in a systematic manner. To follow this process, special software, such as Revit, has played a vital role for AEC firms. As Revit has been developed specifically to execute the BIM process, architectural design professionals must learn Revit from a Revit training institute to work on complex projects.
Many firms are realising the benefits of adopting the BIM process, making it more important to know how to use Revit. To shed some more light on the importance of Revit, Nishant (name changed), a student of Grey Edge, shared his experience with us on why learning Revit is the need of the hour.
In 2007, Nishant started his career by working on the software AutoCAD with an upcoming UK-based AEC firm in India. Back then, Revit was just introduced in the world of construction. Nishant started acquainting himself with the basics of Revit. Till 2012, Nishant continued to work with AutoCAD. He went to the Middle East, where Nishant continued to master AutoCAD.
As Revit was gaining importance, Nishant realised that he must start learning Revit if he was going to survive in the field of architectural design. As his peers were achieving Revit MEP certifications or enrolling for Revit Architecture training courses in Mumbai, Nishant decided to quit his job and focus on mastering Revit.
In 2020, Nishant quit his job and enrolled with Grey Edge to learn Revit, as Grey Edge was recommended by his peers. Nishant shared his experience in the Middle East, specifically stating that no recruiter abroad will offer a job to a candidate if he/she is not well versed with Revit. Nishant is currently pursuing an Autodesk-certified Revit Architecture course with us and enjoys learning how to use the gamut of tools Revit offers for 3D modelling.
A few reasons why Revit has gained importance are as follows:
- Creating lifelike 3D models with detailed reports, such as bill of quantities and bill of materials, is easy with Revit.
- Revit establishes a link between 2D drawings and 3D models. A change made in the 3D model is simultaneously incorporated in the 2D drawings.
- Staying connected with important team members is easy with cloud collaboration. Cloud sharing for exchanging files and an integrated chat feature helps stay connected with important team members during the design phase of a project.
- Revit also enables structural and HVAC systems design, making it a holistic software package to execute the design aspect of a project from start to finish.
As Revit offers a host of features, it’s never too late to enroll for Revit Architecture training. Grey Edge offers Revit MEP certifications and Revit Architecture training courses in Mumbai. These courses are equally divided between theory and practical sessions, providing adequate practice time to learn a software. In addition, Grey Edge follows a project-based teaching method that enables students to adapt to the work process followed by AEC firms, while working on the design aspect of a pre-construction project.
Latest posts by Khyati Patel (see all)
- How a BIM MEPF Internship Course Can Kickstart Your MEP Career - March 29, 2022
- How Important Is it for an Architect to Learn BIM Architecture? - February 8, 2022
- 5 Benefits of Learning Revit MEP from an Autodesk Certified Training Centre - January 14, 2022
- How to Benefit from Grey Edge’s Architectural BIM Course - October 11, 2021
- Upskilling to Revit Leads to Better Job Opportunities! - July 13, 2021
- You Can’t Afford to Miss a BIM MEPF Coordination Internship! - June 18, 2021
- Learn Building Information Modelling & Earn with a Work from Home Internship - May 13, 2021
- How Revit MEP BIM Training Centres Make it Easy to Apply for MEP Jobs - March 11, 2021
- What Are the 5 Best Revit MEP Courses with Job Placement? - October 20, 2020
- Enrol for 5 Revit MEP Online Courses with iLEARN - September 22, 2020
- 5 Online Courses to Help Master Revit MEP - August 14, 2020
- Is an Online Revit Course for Beginners Available? - June 17, 2020
- How to Select the Right Online Course in Revit - May 14, 2020
- Why learn Revit MEP from an Autodesk-certified Revit MEP training institute? - April 20, 2020
- Why Learning Revit Is Worth It - February 11, 2020