This position involves working in the Structural Design Team at XS CAD’s
Global DeliveryCentre at Andheri in Mumbai.
XS CAD’s Structural Design Team consists of skilled professionals including Structural Engineers / Designers, Structural CAD technicians, Architects, Architectural CAD Technicians, Project Leaders & Sr. Project Leaders with varied experience. This team at XS CAD delivers Architectural Design Development, Structural Design, Architectural & Pre-Construction 3D / BIM Documentation & Modelling services to architects, engineers, home-builders and contractors within the design and build environment.
XS CAD has had the privilege of delivering Architectural, Engineering & Construction Services for thousands of projects over the past 18 years including Retail Chains, Residential Structures, Hospitals, Airports, Stadia, Educational Institutes & Commercial Structures as well.
This position involves working independently on Structural Design projects for our international clients in Commercial, Residential, Hospitality, Healthcare, Retail & Institutional Sectors involving the following aspects –
- Reporting to the Manager Structural – Design.
- Ability to understand various types of Structures and their Design requirements.
- To work with the team and deliver the Structural Design Documentation projects within time,budget and quality that is desired.
- Ability to prepare and / or comprehend concept design intent in coordination with the Design Architects / Engineers and further develop the design elements in line with their requirements.
- Ability to learn and work using local Standards and Structural design codes of various regions across the world.
- Ability to relaydesign information through drawings and schedules Ability to learn and integrate structural design in BIM (Building Information Modelling) using tools such as Revit.
- Ability to Communicate Design objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
This job also involves the following aspects –
- Ability to independently communicate with clients, stakeholders, leaders,and peers in written and spoken English.
- Ability to display Leadership skills and mentor Junior Structural Technicians with respect.
- Ability to get trained on and work on any new Structural Design Software.
- Ability to undertake offshore visit to clients’ offices, if required, for detailed training and one-to-one sessions.
- Display of positive attitudes like flexibility, collaborative nature and empathy.
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the Structural Design industry.
- B.E./ BTech in Civil / Construction Or M.E./ MTech.(Struct.).
- Experience of working on international building codes such as those in the US / UK/ Australia will be strongly preferred.
(Experience in working on min. 2 no. software from the list below is essential)
- STAAD Pro
Other Skills Required:
- Proven experience of having successfully managed client communication independently.
- Experience / knowledge in environment friendly or sustainable design would be preferred
We offer competitive compensation and remuneration policies. Compensation for this post will be in line with qualifications and experience. It will not be a constraint for the right match.
What We Offer:
- XS CAD offers a fulfilling working environment which is respectful and ethical. We value each one of our team members and work hard to ensure that this association is fruitful for the Team Member as well as the Organization.
- This is a career opportunity for someone seeking a stable and a progressive association.
- Our well-designed office infrastructure with latest hardware and software allows our team members to perform and grow professionally.
- With the help of our in-house, internationally certified training division as well as an innovation team, we strongly focus on training & learning of our Team Members on the latest tools & trends.
- Culture of discussing & implementing a planned career growth path with your Leader.
- Transparent fixed and variable compensation policies to ensure that the association is productive.
About Our Company:
XS CAD India Pvt Limited, established in 2003, is an India-UK based MEP (M&E) & Architectural Design & BIM Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) Provider with an ISO 9001:2015 certified Global Delivery Centre in Mumbai, India. With additional presence in the USA, Canada and Australia, our global reach allows us to provide services to customers in a number of geographical locations with the added benefit of local knowledge and expertise. Set up to serve the building services (MEP), retail, homebuilder, architectural and construction sectors with high-quality MEP Engineering Design as well as Architectural Design and BIM solutions, XS CAD is already established as one of the leading pre-construction planning services companies in the UK and in India. For more information, please visit – www.xscad.com.